A fun twist to the traditional Caprese Salad!
What you will need:
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- 12 Oz. Mozzarella (cut into thick slices)
- 3 Ripe Tomatoes ( cut into thick slices)
- 8 Slices of Whole Wheat Bread
- A little Butter ( for outside of bread) I use “I cant believe its not butter” spray
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
Lightly Butter one side of your two pieces of bread for each sandwich. Place a about 3 slices of Mozzarella and tomato inside your bread then top with a few fresh basil leaves and salt and pepper. Place sandwich in a pan on your stovetop, grill on medium heat each side until golden brown.
Time: about 15 mins. Servings: 4